Friday, October 02, 2009

Conversation with London Eco Park (Edmondton Incinerator)

Phone call made to London Eco Park following my 'visit'. Below are the key exchanges as I recall.


SK: I was cycling down the navigation and I came across a smell as I approached the site.


LEP: What type of odour was it?


SK: A mixture of turps and cheap paint.


LEP: Well, that sort of odour is not associated with the site.


SK: So your plant doesn’t smell?


LEP: No I didn’t say that, what I meant is that the odour you describe is chemical type smell and this plant doesn’t handle chemicals. We’ve never had a complaint of a chemical type odour.


SK: I was speaking to lady on the bridge and she could smell it too.


LEP: But it wouldn’t be from the site.


SK: Could chemicals be put in household rubbish?


LEP: That is possible but this area is a big industrial estate with several firms. There are automobile works nearby. The odour could have come from another part of the estate.


SK: So what does your plant smell off?


LEP: It’s an organic smell.


To his credit, he did offer to find out more about the odour.

--------------------------------------------------
Tags ,

No comments:

Standing up for what matters