Sunday, February 08, 2009

Votewise

About a year ago I met a gentleman called Tony at a wedding. My wife and I set next to Tony and his wife for the wedding breakfast. Instead of talking about the ceremony, the brides dress or the best man speeches, Tony and I spoke at great length about an idea he had to make it easier for the electorate to find out more about their local candidates. A few weeks later we met up in Croydon where I gave some impartial opinions about the positives and negatives and practicalities of operating an election information web site.

I hadn't heard from Tony for a while, that's until he contacted me a few days ago in order to provide information about Green party candidate Mary Davey for the Waddon by election. It turns out the seed of their idea has germinated into live web site called Votewise.

--------------------------------------------------
Tags ,

No comments:

Standing up for what matters