Friday, August 19, 2011

Police presence in the town centre

'On the night of the riots' - Cutting from Croydon Guardian

The number of police officers in Croydon is two and half times more than usual. Arguably, the increased police presence means that residents and shopkeepers have never felt safer in and around the town centre. Shoppers are never more than a minute away from a pair of bobbies on the beat. Last night, when shopping for provisions, I felt reassured enough to lean my push bike against a grocers window on Station Road. Normally I'd lock my bike up with a 'D lock' and chain! These are indeed strange times.
--------------------------------------------------
Tags ,

2 comments:

Shasha Khan said...

Thanks to Andrew Pelling for tweeting the two and half times stat

zoosk said...

After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you thin

Standing up for what matters