Friday, April 30, 2010

Harris Academy Mock Elections

I visited Harris Academy Crystal Palace a couple of weeks ago. I was invited by the Head of Social Sciences to meet and assist the Green Party candidates who are standing in the mock election at the school. I have to say I was impressed at the dedication shown by the pupils. They were bright and inquisitive. This picture was taken after 5pm. These girls (and their teacher) remained long after the final school bell had sounded to learn about the Green Party's policies, and to formulate a strategy to win. Each party has been given a budget of £30. I look forward to hearing the result.

Wouldn't it be great if all the parties in the actual general election were allocated a budget. State funded political parties is the way to go!
--------------------------------------------------
Tags ,

No comments:

Standing up for what matters