Monday, October 10, 2011

Letter on Beat Officers...

.....and a letter that did get published in the Croydon Guardian.

19.08.11

Dear Editor,

Due to the surge, the number of police officers in Croydon is two and half times more than usual. Arguably, the increased police presence means that residents and shopkeepers have never felt safer in and around the town centre. Shoppers are never more than a minute away from a pair of bobbies on the beat. I have felt reassured enough to lean my pushbike against a grocers’ window on Station Road. Normally I would lock my bike up with a 'D lock' and chain! Everyone I speak to wants a permanent increase in visible policing, even young people. However, cuts in the police budget suggest the number of beat officers could fall.

Yours sincerely

Shasha Khan

Croydon Green Party


--------------------------------------------------
Tags ,

No comments:

Standing up for what matters